The Phantom Regiment color guard always brings passion, beauty and phenomenal technical skills to life on the field. Now you can learn the same techniques used by the Regiment color guard to improve your skills. Learn from the Regiment guard staff and other clinicians brought in just for this camp. As with all of our educational camps, you will have interactive sessions with the Phantom Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps.
This camp is for flag, rifle and sabre. (Please bring your own equipment if at all possible). We will also hold movement classes as well. This camp is open to female and male students.
For one low price, your camp fee includes:
- Housing in a dorm room on campus
- All of your meals
- Camp T-Shirt
- Instruction from nationally recognized instructors and professors
- Interact with the Phantom Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps
- Experience what it’s like and what it takes to be a performer in the Phantom Regiment
- You’ll have a fun, educational and rewarding experience
Spin! Toss! Catch! Dance!
This camp will present a chance for the intermediate and advanced level color guard performer (male or female) to focus on technique and attitude, using the Phantom Regiment approach to color guard.
You’ll work with some of the best color guard professionals in the activity! During the camp, you’ll even see yourself side by side with the Phantom Regiment color guard.
If you intend to perform at the highest level in band, drum corps or winter guard, this camp is a great way to immerse yourself in color guard.
- Areas of concentration include:
- Equipment technique & choreography
- Movement technique & choreography
- Individual level instruction
- Working as a group – group dynamics
- Musical interpretation – how to bring the music alive through body & equipment (choreography)
- Performance express – bringing passion and emotion to what you do
- How to balance the technical and the expressive
- Precision & timing
- Poise & confidence – finding your strength as a performer
- Interactive clinic with the Phantom Regiment color guard
Come ready to learn and have fun!
The camp staff is made up of highly talented and creative people who have been teaching at all levels for many years. Not only has our outstanding staff produced outstanding results, they are also very dedicated to the positive educational experience to all of our students.
You will be housed in dorms that are normally a capacity of 2, but certain rooms can accommodate up to 4, with shared bathrooms. Students will need to provide their own linens and/or sleeping bag and pillow as well as general toiletries. You can pick your roommates ahead of time, or meet new people when you arrive. We will do our best to accommodate you.
All meals will be provided either by the Phantom Regiment food service program or by the college cafeteria, so therefore, you will not have to leave campus.
Arriving by Car
- Take Interstate 90-39 to the State Street (Business Hwy 20) exit west
- Follow State Street approximately 5 miles miles
- Turn right at the large black-granite Rockford University sign at Easton Parkway and State Street
- Follow large red Phantom Regiment signs to check in area
Arriving by Plane
There are a limited number of flights into the Chicago Rockford International Airport, but if you are able to fly into Rockford (RFD), we can make arrangements to pick you up there. Otherwise, you will need to fly into either Chicago’s O’Hare (ORD) or Midway (MDW) airports. (If you fly into any other airport, you will have to make your own arrangements to get to the campus). Once at O’Hare or Midway, you will need to take a VanGalder/Coach USA shuttle bus from the airport to Rockford (Clock Tower stop – 75 minutes from O’Hare or 3 hours from Midway). From there, we will pick you up and bring you to campus (10 minutes away). We will return you to the Clock Tower bus stop for your departure as well.
VanGalder/Coach USA buses run from the Chicago airports up to Rockford 7 days a week. You can pre-purchase your round trip bus ticket online prior to your arrival OR you may purchase your ticket once on the bus (subject to change). For those that are traveling and are under 18 years of age, please download and carry with you the VanGalder permission slip found on the forms tab above.
Visit VanGalder/Coach USA’s website for up to date information, schedule and tickets: www.coachusa.com/vangalder
After you have purchased your flight, send us your travel itinerary anytime at www.regiment.org/flights. We can then anticipate your arrival as well as make sure we have you back to the bus stop on time for your departure!
When you arrive at the Clock Tower – call the Phantom Regiment cell phone at (815) 540-9737.
Registration and Consent Form
After you register, the student & parent/guardian will receive an email with the consent form that needs to be signed by the student, or the parent/guardian if they are under 18 years of age. If you can’t find that email, you can sign & send an online version at regiment.org/consent or download a hard copy below. You must bring the consent form with you to check-in if you have not signed it online.
Registration and Consent Form
For those taking the VanGalder/Coach USA bus from the airport to Rockford AND are under 18 years of age, you should print this out and keep with you to show bus driver if requested.
VanGalder/Coach USA Permission Slip
Below is a map of the university campus. This will help familiarize yourself with where you will need to be for check-in as well as for the different places used on campus.
Below is the daily schedule for your convenience. This schedule will say tentative across the top until the final version has been posted.
Below is a list of things to bring:
- Bedding (i.e. sleeping bag/blanket, pillow – you will have a dorm room bed, but need your own bedding)
- Toiletries/Shower stuff
- Warm clothes for night
- Cool clothes for day
- Backpack to keep your valuables with you during the day
- Refillable water bottle
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Spending money for souvenirs
- Dance attire for rehearsal
- Your own equipment if possible
[ultimate-faqs include_category=’Educational Camps’]