Season’s Greetings! As we look ahead to 2024, I’m delighted to share some exciting developments that highlight the fresh approach we are taking to engage more students, strengthen our civic relationships, and deliver the highest quality artistic and educational standards in the activity.
- We are witnessing a dramatic increase in performers auditioning for the 2024 drum corps season:
- We expanded our remote audition sites all across the country in Rockford, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Tulsa, Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta.
- Nearly 1,400 new and returning members joined the 2024 audition portal.
- Approximately 970 auditioned for the corps so far(either in-person or by video)
- These efforts have resulted in a 55% increase in auditionees from 2023 to 2024!
- We are proud to announce that all of our key designers and caption heads are returning from 2023 for the 2024 season. This is a testament to the strength and stability of our organization.
- I’m also thrilled to share that we have re-established our partnership with Rockford Public School District, RPS 205. RPS students will benefit from access to top-notch instruments, equipment, and invaluable learning experiences, while Phantom Regiment will secure essential rehearsal facilities to fine-tune performances.
- In addition to the exciting developments for the drum corps, we are also expanding our impact on students through our PR Academy programs:
- We collaborated with DCI this past summer to launch a new middle school honor band program called BANDtastic!, which we’ll continue in 2024
- In 2024, we are planning the return of a PR Academy Camp in Rockford, and we hope to grow participation in our existing Akron and Evansville, IN camps. These camps will expand the types of instrumental instruction offered and continue to build on the existing drum major, color guard, and percussion tracks.
- Collectively, we are serving nearly 2,500 students each year through our PR Academy programs.
On behalf of our entire Programs Team, I wish you a very Happy New Year. I’d also like to thank you in advance for your continued support of Phantom Regiment. We see your support from the stands, in the lot, at our events, and, of course, through your generous financial contributions. It’s not too late to make your 2023 contribution to support our year-end campaign. Every gift matters to the youth and young adults we serve.
Todd Snead, PhD
Director of Programs