The 2008 season is finally upon us. The first round of auditions will be taking place this weekend at Beloit Memorial High School in Beloit, WI. For those that have signed up online, you should have received an email with details and what to do and where to go when you arrive. If you haven’t received that, email us and make sure we’re not on your blocked list.
Here are some quick reminders:
– If you haven’t already, please be sure to let us know of your arrival and departure times. This is for everyone, but will also help us to notify the Van Galder bus company of how many buses they may need on Sunday. You can fill out the information here: https://www.regiment.org/shuttle. If you’re a percussionist who is coming to the following weekend, you can fill it now as well.
– For those flying in and taking the Van Galder bus, the stop for this weekend is South Beloit, IL. (The stop for Percussion auditions is Elgin, IL.) Once you arrive at the designated bus stop, we will pick you up there. We will be utilizing buses from Pioneer and/or Colts Drum & Bugle Corps. We will also drop you off at the same bus stop on Sunday as well.
– Unfortunately at South Beloit, our cell phone reception in the building is spotty at best. So make sure to try both numbers that were sent in the email to the perspective members. If you have a quick message or question, text messaging might get answered faster.
– The weather for this weekend should be nice and cool! You’ll be inside all of the time except for when you go to lunch and dinner.
– If you haven’t signed up online for registration, you can still do so here https://www.regiment.org/howtojoin.
– Lastly, we would prefer if you sent in a photo by Thursday so we can print out your paperwork in advance. You’ll prefer it too as the line for photos and printing has been known to take a while. 🙂
Have fun and try to stay relaxed! We look forward to meeting you this weekend and showing you a glimpse into the Phantom Regiment 2008!