The Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps is seeking licensed CDL Drivers to provide transportation services during our 2022 competitive season. The ideal candidate must be highly communicative, attentive to detail, and be able to safely transport the corps’ equipment or kitchen trailer. Your efforts will directly contribute to providing a world-class experience for our membership and staff.
- Observe all mandatory safety regulations and obey all traffic laws
- Drive a tractor and trailer of up to 53’ in length during our 2022 competitive season
- Perform mandatory daily and pre/post-trip inspection of assigned truck and trailer
- Notify Operations Manager of any equipment failure, safety concerns, and/or operational issues
- Maintain interior and exterior cleanliness, fuel levels, and minor service of the assigned vehicle on a daily basis
- Report all accidents, complete required reports and fully cooperate with investigating authorities
- Maintain accurate and up to date daily log books, fuel logs, interstate mileage log, Vehicle Maintenance Records in accordance with United States law
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of driver’s cash/road tolls with all receipts and applicable paperwork
- Read and interpret maps, compass directions, 24-hour clock time, schedules, and procedural instructions
- Be able to assist/lead in connecting the food trailer to power/water at new housing sites
- 1 Year of Full-Time Paid Experience or equivalent combination of training/experience/education within last 3 years involving the regular operation of a tractor and trailer on public streets and highways
- Applicants should be at least 25 years of age or older
- Possess & maintain Commercial Driver’s License Class A w/ Air Brakes endorsement & no mechanical restrictions
- Possess and maintain a DOT physical
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug, alcohol and driving test
- Provide a 36 month Motor Vehicle Report (Citations/Accidents during this period may be disqualifying)
- Safety-sensitive position subject to random selection for alcohol or controlled substance testing
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment, skilled in dealing with young adults
- Must have personality and character traits suited to working with and care of passengers of multiple ethnicities, cultural values, behavioral tendencies and physical handicaps.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with members, volunteers, and staff.
- Accountable and open to feedback from Program Administration
- Open to ongoing training and willingness to adapt to Phantom Regiment rules, policies and procedures, including background checks and SafeSport trainings
- Be fluent in reading and writing in English
Drivers will operate in variable traffic and weather conditions. You will be mostly driving alone, but depending on the needs of the corps, may have a passenger (or more) riding with you to shows / new housing sites. Semi drivers are able to sleep in the sleeper cab of their trucks – drivers room(s) are also provided at housing sites.
The Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps CDL driver is a part-time, paid position. Salary is negotiable and based on experience. Additional benefits include travel accommodations, show access passes, and housing/food during the summer tour.
- Phantom Regiment is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
- Interested applicants should here: regiment.org/apply
About Phantom Regiment
Phantom Regiment seeks to create an inspired community of empowered and passionate leaders by providing life-changing experiences through performing arts education. What started in 1956 as a local drum & bugle corps for youth in Rockford, Ill. has become an iconic brand known throughout the global marching arts community. Our programs teach young-people the essential skills necessary to become leaders in their communities, businesses, classrooms, and beyond.