Phantom Regiment is searching for an Operations Manager to oversee the daily operations of the organization, support programs and events, and maintain facilities.
This position’s primary responsibility is to collaborate with the CEO, program directors, and office staff to develop and maintain operational policies and procedures for the organization, assist with planning event logistics and execution, and maintain the organization’s facilities and equipment.
The Operations Manager will report to the CEO. This position works collaboratively with the Corps Director, Academy Director, and special event coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with CEO, program directors, and office staff to develop and maintain operational policies and procedures for the organization.
- Assist CEO and program directors with planning event logistics and execution
- Organize and maintain the organization’s databases
- Maintain equipment inventory and assist CEO and program directors with vendor relationships and equipment sales
- Maintain office and warehouse facilities – general upkeep and organization
- Maintain rolling stock – ensuring equipment is in good working order, winterized, prepared for summer tour, and maintaining registrations, permits, and insurance policies
- Regularly direct, or respond to, all incoming inquiries via phone, email, or mail
- Serve as the in-person liaison for Rockford area inquiries or requests
- Coordinate with program directors to answer general information inquiries from participants and parents. (e.g., audition questions, camp registration, travel, etc.)
- Assist the accounting staff in processing incoming payments, bills, invoices, and receipts
- Assist Merchandise & Marketing Director to fulfill online Phan Shop orders and inventory management
- Oversee and distribute all participant registration information for program activities (camps, band festivals, special events) and coordinate check in process (people and resources)
- Oversee preparations and execution of special events such as: drum corps auditions and Hall of Fame Gala
As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as leadership identifies the need at any time.
Knowledge and Skills
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional work environment
- At least 1 year experience in drum corps administration, performing arts education, or nonprofit management
- Established professional network within the drum corps activity and public schools a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Positive and clear communication style, with a focus on customer service
- Positive record of working effectively with volunteers and part time employees
- Passion for the drum corps activity and Phantom Regiment
- Comfortable working with Google Office Suite, Slack, and other online data management applications (UltraCamp, Classy, and Salesforce a plus)
- Results-oriented team player with the ability to take initiative
- This is a full-time position with occasional periods of intense work during monthly weekend rehearsal camps (November to April) and during summer drum corps season (mid May to mid August)
- Remote position available with frequently required attendance in the Rockford/Northern Illinois region
- Flexible work hours and remote working options with the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings, functions, and events
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other office equipment
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health and dental insurance, with retirement plan options available
- Phantom Regiment is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
- Interested applicants should submit contact information, along with a cover letter and resume (PDF preferred).
About Phantom Regiment
Phantom Regiment seeks to create an inspired community of empowered and passionate leaders by providing life-changing experiences through performing arts education. What started in 1956 as a local drum & bugle corps for youth in Rockford, Ill. has become an iconic brand known throughout the global marching arts community. Our programs teach young-people the essential skills necessary to become leaders in their communities, businesses, classrooms, and beyond.