Phantom Regiment is searching for an Academy Director to lead the development and execution of all education programs for the organization (not directly related to the drum and bugle corps). This includes, but is not limited to, Phantom Regiment’s summer educational camps, online learning series, and Rockford Rhythm drumline.
This position’s primary responsibility is to oversee and expand our education offerings to reach more students, teachers, and school systems and have a positive lasting impact on participants’ lives. The Academy Director will report to the CEO and work collaboratively with the Corps Director on summer education camps. Education camp staff, online learning series contributors and the Rockford Rhythm director will report to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearhead the development, implementation and evaluation of educational programming for students, teachers, and schools
- Collaborate with the CEO to lead the development of new education programs aimed at enhancing the mission, reach, and impact of the organization
- Collaborate with the PR Development Committee to identify cross-functional opportunities for program growth, extended reach, and grant prospects.
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop and maintain a budget for all PRA programs
- Oversee virtual learning programs, including the Expert Learning Series; collaborate with ELS contributors to develop curricula, resources, and assessment tools
- Oversee development and execution of education camps; collaborate with the Drum Corps Director to recruit camp staff and develop schedules that coordinate with drum corps touring logistics
- Collaborate with Rockford Rhythm Director to develop educational and participation goals for the program
- Collaborate with Operations Manager to promote and deliver fall marching band and spring concert band festivals
- Collaborate with the marketing team to promote education programs
- Serve as the point person for all organizational requests to partner with schools or teachers and create menu of opportunities for student learning and engagement
- Foster new, and maintain existing, professional relationships with area teachers, administrators and arts advocates
- Interface with local, state and national arts education organizations to promote effective partnerships with schools and provide collaborative planning for future educational initiatives
- Represent Phantom Regiment at key state and national music education conferences and conventions
- As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as leadership identifies the need at any time.
Knowledge and Skills
- At least 10 years of experience in performing arts education; preferably at various education levels
- Extensive professional network within the arts education community and across the country is a plus
- Passion for the performing arts and music education
- Ease with producing curricula, lesson plans, and sequential learning experiences
- Knowledge of online learning systems is a plus
- Strong communication, time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Results-oriented team player with the ability to take the initiative and drive programs
- This is an independent contractor position that will average approximately 15-20 hours per week, with occasional periods of more intense work during summer education camps
- Flexible work hours and remote working options with the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings, functions, and events
- Semi-frequent air and car travel will be required to attend education camps and events
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other office equipment
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Phantom Regiment is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
- Interested applicants should submit contact information, along with a cover letter and resume (PDF preferred).
About Phantom Regiment
Phantom Regiment seeks to create an inspired community of empowered and passionate leaders by providing life-changing experiences through performing arts education. What started in 1956 as a local drum & bugle corps for youth in Rockford, Ill. has become an iconic brand known throughout the global marching arts community. Our programs teach young-people the essential skills necessary to become leaders in their communities, businesses, classrooms, and beyond.