Learn from some of the best conductors in the world
Phantom Regiment is known for producing some of the best conductors in the marching arts. In addition to learning conducting skills, our drum major training opportunities include outstanding leadership training – valuable knowledge whether it is your first or fourth year as a student leader.
Drum Major Training Opportunities are designed for musicians and aspiring conductors from all high school & college levels.
Drum Majors…are you ready?
Whether this is your first or fourth year as drum major, our drum major training experiences will have you motivated and confident to lead your band.
All sessions are geared toward teaching the Phantom Regiment approach to conducting, leadership, and rehearsal techniques. Instruction will include basic and intermediate conducting fundamentals, and leadership theory and application.
For those interested in furthering your career as a drum major in college or with the Phantom Regiment (or another drum corps), this camp is a great way to prepare for those highly regarded positions.
Come ready to learn, conduct, and have fun!
All sessions are geared toward teaching the Phantom Regiment approach to conducting & leadershp. Instruction will include:
- Posture, Baton Grip, Basic Beat Patterns
- Preparatory / Release Gestures
- Time Beating Patterns, Divided Patterns
- Left Hand Cueing, Expressive Gestures
- Gesture of Syncopation
- Dynamics and Phrasing
- 5 Musical Styles
- Score Study
- Role of the Drum Major
- Spheres of Influence
- Leadership vs. Followership
- Management vs. Leadership
- Field Commands
- Rehearsal Technique
- Sound Delay and The Big Stage
- Showmanship – Salutes, Stage Presence
- Marching/Drill Fundamentals
College & High-school aged, current and future drum majors & conductors are invited to participate in PR Academy camps and clinics.
- World-Renowned Conducting & Leadership Training
- Workbooks, Materials, & FREE Baton
- Some Meals*
- Single-day Camps – (Commuters Only): Lunch and/or Dinner may be provided depending on site location and facilities.
- Multi-day Camps – Commuters: Lunch & Dinner are provided
- Multi-day Camps – Residents: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner are provided
*Please consult your registration materials for specifics regarding meals for your camp
- FREE PR Academy T-Shirt
*Training sessions vary based on the length of the camp or clinic. A typical schedule is listed below for reference. Please consult your registration materials for the official schedule pertaining to your camp.
8:00 am | Breakfast
9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Warm-Ups & Classes
12:00 – 1:00 pm | Lunch
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm | Classes
5:00pm – 6:00 pm | Dinner
6:00pm – 10:00 pm | Classes / Recreation Time
11:00 pm | Lights Out