BANDtastic! is a program of Drum Corps International designed to celebrate the commitment to excellence made by middle school music programs all across the United States.
Participation in this program motivates middle school students to consider the arts as they make important skills development decisions for their high school years and beyond, and impact lifelong arts behaviors.
Students who participate in the BANDtastic! program will enjoy the following opportunities:
- Experience a once-in-a-lifetime performance in front of thousands of spectators as a part of the national schedule of DCI Tour events
- Take part in rehearsals and sectionals with professional artists and engaging educational clinicians
- Take part in additional structured activities that promise to be packed full of engaging performances and speakers
- Tickets to the corresponding DCI Tour event and the opportunity to observe performances from the “best-of-the-best” marching music ensembles
- Exclusive BANDtastic! gear and “Swag” bags
More info about this program can be found at: dci.org/bandtastic
Who: For middle school band and color guard students (grades 6-8)
When: Saturday, July 15; 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Where: Boylan Catholic High School, 4000 St Francis Dr, Rockford, IL 61103
What: A full day of music rehearsals and leadership clinics culminating in a performance in front of thousands of fans. Stay to watch the nation’s top drum corps compete at the Phantom Regiment Show of Shows.
Official Promotional Flyer
Click the image to download a flyer with additional information.
Registration for students includes a BANDtastic T-Shirt, DCI “swag bag”, lunch, dinner and ticket to the associated DCI event.
- Nominations from directors due May 5
- Participants selected May 1 – 8
- Early bird registration ($89) May 19 – 31
- Regular registration ($99) June 1 – Jun 9
- Registration closes June 9
Family & Friends Packages are also available and will include a supporter t-shirt and discounted ticket in the reserved BANDtastic seating block for the event. More information will be available at registration.
NOMINATE YOUR STUDENTS TODAY!
You can also fill out this paper application and email [email protected] to nominate your group.