The Show Must Go On
The Phantom Regiment organization would like to thank all those fans for sticking out the rain delay, as well as all the great volunteers and companies that helped to support our biggest fundraiser of the year.
While the torrential rainstorm hit hard and furious, many of the 3,000 ticket holders found refuge in their cars, under the bleachers or in the school. When the storm finally cleared, the damaged to the field had already been done. The amount of water on the field would have taken hours to drain, and instead of chance injury to any of the performers, show officials decided to change the event into a standstill concert.
Even the parking lots (paved and grass) were flooded with inches of standing water. Corps’ that hadn’t already changed into uniforms asked Regiment officials if they could perform in street clothes as to not risk getting their uniforms damaged from the water or the mud getting to the stadium for the concert.
We want to thank all of the corps who helped make a fantastic evening of music for all of the fans that were in the stands. The up front and close concert was made for a night of great entertainment. The different styles of music from all the corps was fabulous.
Besides thanking all of the performers and fans, we would like to thank all of those that helped to put on this huge event:
– Boylan High School, host of this event for over 30 years
– The Lear River Lions Club
– Board member Dana Pelan, concessions manager
– Board member John Baumgartner, show committee chairman
– Northern Illinois University Marching Band and Color Guard members
– Phantom Regiment Alumni Association
– And all of the fabulous volunteers!
And we wouldn’t have been able to have a great show without our great sponsors:
– The Rockford Register Star
– PG Display
– Rock Hospitality
– Swedish American Health Systems
– Williams-Manny Insurance
– Kiwanis Club
Thank you to all of the above!