Phantom Regiment is searching for a part-time Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of daily administrative operations.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
This position will report to the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize office and assist staff in ways that optimize procedures
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail, email, and phone calls
- Assist with fulfillment of Phan Shop merchandise orders
- Maintaining the organization’s paper and electronic records
- Assist bookkeepers with processing incoming paper checks – making bank deposits and uploading information to Quickbooks Online (QBO)
- Processing paper receipts and uploading information to QBO
- Maintain accurate inventory of office and warehouse equipment
- Help staff maintain accurate staff, volunteer, and participant registration information and records
- Assisting CEO and Director of Fundraising with data entry into SalesForce
- Maintaining a clean office environment
- Keeping an inventory of office and shipping supplies and ordering new materials
- Assisting with special events occasionally as needed (marching and concert band festivals, Hall of Fame gala, etc.)
As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as leadership identifies the need at any time
Knowledge and Skills
- At least 1 year experience working in a professional office environment
- Experience working with nonprofit or youth organizations a plus
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience a plus
- Strong communication, time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working with Google Office Suite, Slack, and online data management applications (such as SalesForce or Quickbooks online)
- Passion for the drum corps activity and Phantom Regiment a plus
- This is a part-time position with the expectation of working two days per week, approximately 7-8 hours a day
- Must reside in the Rockford/Northern Illinois region, or willing to relocate
- Flexible work hours with the ability to attend occasional evening or weekend events
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other office equipment
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Compensation is $15 an hour, approximately 15 hours a week
Phantom Regiment is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Interested applicants should submit contact information, along with a cover letter and resume (PDF preferred).
About Phantom Regiment
Phantom Regiment seeks to create an inspired community of empowered and passionate leaders by providing life-changing experiences through performing arts education. What started in 1956 as a local drum & bugle corps for youth in Rockford, Ill. has become an iconic brand known throughout the global marching arts community. Our programs teach young-people the essential skills necessary to become leaders in their communities, businesses, classrooms, and beyond.