Phantom Regiment is searching for a Registered Nurse for the 2022 summer tour.
The Registered Nurse works alongside the rest of the Health Team. Their main duties include assessing, diagnosing and treating member illnesses and injuries. Be able to recognize and communicate to administration and medical coordinator of emergent illnesses and injuries, administering and overseeing medications. The main priority is to help to keep the organization safe and in optimal health.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The RN informs the Corps Operations Director/Director/Instructors of the member recovery plan and timeline.
- Available during rehearsals to provide the needed on-site care.
- Conducting member intake assessments and maintaining medical records for all members in designated electronic medical records.
- Collaborating with advanced practice providers on additional assessments and prescribing medication
- Identifying and evaluating concussions
- Helping to collect baseline concussion assessments on all members
- Ongoing evaluations and assessments of all identified concussions
- Developing customized treatment plans and making appropriate recommendations for each member’s health and wellness
- Collaborating with the Athletic Trainer on rehabilitation and training programs for members
- Coordinating with the Medical Coordinator to maintain a medical supply inventory
- Handling tasks such as restocking supplies and maintaining inventory
- Help to reduce injuries
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimal education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal skills to communicate not only with the members but the rest of the team and administration
- Well skilled in teamwork and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize time and medical needs of the members
- Experience using an EMR database (Electronic Medical Records)
- Passion for the drum corps activity and Phantom Regiment a plus
- Must be available to participate in a majority of the DCI summer tour, traveling with the corps by bus, and staying at multiple locations over the course of the summer.
- Compensation is $485 a week, plus: daily lodging and meals on tour, travel to/from the tour, and free access to all Phantom Regiment performances.
- Phantom Regiment is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
- Please submit your resume, short cover letter, references, and applicable supporting materials to Medical Coordinator, Suzette Smolar at [email protected]
About Phantom Regiment
Phantom Regiment seeks to create an inspired community of empowered and passionate leaders by providing life-changing experiences through performing arts education. What started in 1956 as a local drum & bugle corps for youth in Rockford, Ill. has become an iconic brand known throughout the global marching arts community. Our programs teach young-people the essential skills necessary to become leaders in their communities, businesses, classrooms, and beyond.