Dear Phan, Donor, Volunteer,
You. Are. Awesome.
As a supporter of Phantom Regiment, you are doing amazing things to further our mission of providing life-changing experiences through performing arts education. Your donations, attendance, support, purchases, volunteer work, and cheers are vital to the success of this organization, and for that, I say, “THANK YOU”!
My name is Robin Lanning, and my Phantom Regiment journey began as a marching member (‘02-03). I continued to work with PR as a part of the support staff (souvies ‘04-07), Board of Directors (‘13-17), and most recently joined the Regiment team as the Fundraising and Engagement Consultant.
I am passionate about Phantom Regiment because Phantom Regiment changed my life – setting me up for both personal and professional success that I wholeheartedly attribute to my experiences with this organization.
But, Phantom Regiment could not have changed the lives of thousands of young people since 1956, including mine, without one vital element: YOU.
Because of YOU, I have:
- Planted my feet in 46 states, seeing my country and it’s immeasurable promise in a way few U.S. citizens will ever experience.
- Developed lifelong friendships with talented, fascinating, and passionate people all around the globe.
- Pursued a career in marketing and sales that is directly related to my experience running the merchandise operations for the corps.
- Felt confident and prepared to instill the joy of performance with a new generation of color guard students.
- Learned valuable life-skills, including loyalty, adaptability, dedication, communication, collaboration, and resilience, that have helped me serve as a leader in my community.
In October, I resigned from my position on the Board of Directors, a role in which I was truly honored to serve, in order to help improve PR fundraising and communication efforts. I’m very excited to apply my professional experience with an organization I love and with a leadership team I deeply admire and respect.
Your support makes stories like mine possible.
As 2017 comes to an end, our organization is looking forward to how we will continue our mission in 2018. Touring with a 150 member drum corps is as expensive as ever. Our current tour fees, which are already a financial challenge for many of our members, only cover 30% of the cost to send a member on tour. Our educational camps, which attract over 350 high-school performers each summer, can be cost prohibitive for students, families, and band programs. And our community efforts, including marching and concert band contests as well as the Rockford Rhythm drumline, incur increased operating costs in order to reach students whose access to music & performance education is severely lacking.
That’s why our goal for our Year-End campaign is to raise $40,000 by December 31st.
This amount will help us to:
- Keep tour fees low, giving talented young people a greater opportunity for a transformative experience as a member of the Phantom Regiment Drum Corps.
- Reduce the cost for young students across the country to learn performing arts and life skills from some of the best educators in the country.
- Grow our presence in the Rockford community, creating music and performance opportunities for children that may not be offered this type of programming through their schools.
Would you be willing to make a special year-end donation of $50, $100 or whatever you can afford to help us meet our goal and create additional, life-changing experiences through performance arts education?
We simply can’t do it without you.
Please click here to make your donation now. Your support will make a real, lasting impact on a young person’s life, just like it did for me.
Thank you for all you do for Phantom Regiment.
|Robin (Hartowicz) Lanning|
Fundraising & Engagement Consultant
Color Guard ‘02-03